We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
• When you make a booking with us, over the telephone or via our website facilities;
• When you register with us for newsletters, email updates, enter competitions or take part in surveys and customer feedback;
• When you write, fax, telephone or email us to make an enquiry.
- What information will we collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:-
• Names and contact details;
• Special requirements such as but not restricted to, those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements;
Some of the information we collect (such as about health or religion) may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
All payments for bookings are done via a link having a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. No information regarding credit card or debit card details are held by us.
- What will we do with it?
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, we may disclose the information to the providers of the services making up your holiday arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA).
(2) In order for you to travel overseas, it may be mandatory (as requested government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(3) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(4) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as "data processors" on our behalf, or to other organisations who perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(5) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us by email at email@example.com not to receive it.
(6) We do not pass any information received by us to any other parties who offer goods and services.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure.
We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
You may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In order to provide our services to you, we must collect some personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below.
- What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you can opt out of future e mails, phone calls or other direct communication by clicking on the link below and informing us.
firstname.lastname@example.org or Tuscany Now & More Ltd, Lynton House 7 – 12 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9BQ, UK
Please note that in order for us to provide you with optimum service, we use 'Cookies' on our website. 'Cookies' are a feature of web browser software which allows web servers to temporarily store information within your browser. 'Cookies' allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We don't store and record any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data. Most browsers automatically allow 'cookies,' however usually your web browser will enable you to disable 'cookies' should you wish to do so.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
- Updates and changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re-read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.