The International Tuscany private wine tasting spotlights the prestigious vines of French origin that have settled in the region and bear magnificent fruit. Not only famous for its Sangiovese-based red wines, Central Tuscany is also home to countless superior international vines, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Syrah.
In an intimate wine tasting at your luxury villa in Italy
, professional sommelier Fabrizio Fiaschi will introduce you to a handful of small artisan vintners producing sumptuous wines in Tuscany from international grapes. In a kaleidoscope of aromas and flavours, Fabrizio will guide you on your tasting journey, while deepening your understanding of Tuscany’s rich wine-growing heritage and expressive terroir.
The Super Tuscan Wines
Super Tuscan wines combine prestigious French grapes with Tuscany’s rich terroir to glorious effect. The demand for Tuscan wines using international grapes, following a Bordeaux style of winemaking, really took off in the 1970s and 1980s. Fabrizio has handpicked five bold and full-bodied Tuscan red and white wines that star international grapes, including two exquisite 100% Merlots that are arguably as impressive as indigenous Sangiovese reds. For those of you who are steadfast in your loyalty to Tuscan classics like Chianti Classico and Brunello di Montalcino, prepare to be pleasantly surprised by this impressive selection of wines.
The private in-villa wine tasting is accompanied by a fine selection of Tuscan cold cuts, cheese and bread that best compliments the flavour profiles of the international Tuscan wines you will be sampling.
Find out more about private, sommelier-led wine tasting experiences
with Fabrizio Fiaschi.
Discover the wine list
- V. Viognier Le Palaie — A full-bodied Tuscan white wine made exclusively from Viognier grapes.
- Merlot Macinatico — A delectable 100% merlot red wine produced on a small organic Tuscan wine estate near San Gimignano.
- Bulizio Le Palaie — A bold Tuscan red wine made from a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot grape varieties.
- Lanario Syrah Bordocheo — An intense ruby organic red wine made exclusively from Syrah grapes.
- Sotterfugio Merlot Le Palaie — Another sensational 100% merlot red wine and Super Tuscan from the Terre di Pisa.
Please note that the wine list may be subject to change based on availability, however, you will always be consulted on substitutions that will be equal in both quality and price.
The private wine tasting is an hour-long experience that can be adapted to any time the client prefers. Fabrizio Fiaschi, the sommelier will host the wine tasting at your private villa in Italy with the support of his partner, Lirio Mangalaviti.
Included in the price
- Min. 4 persons — Max. 16 persons
- Available all year round
- Languages: English, Italian
- Enquiries welcome for groups under four — prices may vary
: The price of five hand-selected Tuscan wines, the supply of glasses, spittoons, plates and crockery in sustainable compostable material and the provision of Tuscan cold cuts, cheese and bread to compliment the flavours and aromas of the wines you will be tasting.