Sangiovese, the most widely planted and renowned of the Italian red grapes, is the beating heart of Tuscany and the key to unlocking the secrets of this unrivalled wine region — it also happens to be the star of this in-villa wine tasting. The Tuscan Classics private wine tasting will be led by professional sommelier, Fabrizio Fiaschi from your luxury villa in Italy
. Fabrizio has hand-picked five exceptional and renowned Tuscan wines from the historical production areas, Chianti, Montepulciano, Montalcino and Maremma.
The Tuscan Wine Nobility
Fabrizio will deepen your understanding of each wine as well as the expressive aromas, flavours and qualities of Tuscany’s noble grape, Sangiovese. From Chianti Superiore to Brunello di Montalcino, Fabrizio has handpicked wines that best express Tuscany’s rich terroir and fascinating history. If you are staying in one of our luxury villas in Tuscany, supplement your cultural experiences of Florence and Siena with a private wine tasting. There is as much flavour in the stories behind each wine and the beauty of the region as there is in each mouth-watering glass of red.
The tasting is accompanied by a fine selection of Tuscan cold cuts, cheese and bread that best compliments the flavour profiles of the new wines you will be sampling.
Find out more about private, sommelier-led wine tasting experiences
with Fabrizio Fiaschi.
Discover the wine list
- Belrosso Le Querce — A fruity Canaiolo red wine produced on a wine estate in Impruneta, just outside of Florence.
- Chianti Superiore Sassofratto Piccaratico — A deep ruby red Chianti DOCG wine produced from handpicked Sangiovese and Colorino grapes.
- Turseno Marina Romin — A structured Sangiovese wine aged in barrique, produced on an organic wine estate just outside of Pisa.
- Chianti Classico Castagnoli — A 100% Sangiovese wine, carefully blended from different crus of this Castellina in Chianti winery.
- Brunello di Montalcino Uccelliera — An irresistible DOCG Tuscan classic made from 100% Sangiovese, produced on a wine estate just outside of Montalcino.
Please note that the wine list may be subject to change based on availability, however, you will always be consulted on substitutions that will be equal in both quality and price.
The private wine tasting is an hour-long experience that can be adapted to any time the client prefers. Fabrizio Fiaschi, the sommelier will host the wine tasting at your private villa in Italy with the support of his partner, Lirio Mangalaviti.
Included in the price:
- Min. 4 persons — Max. 16 persons
- Available all year round
- Languages: English, Italian
- Enquiries welcome for groups under four — prices may vary
The price of five hand-selected classic Tuscan wines, the supply of glasses, spittoons, plates and crockery in sustainable compostable material and the provision of Tuscan cold cuts, cheese and bread to compliment the flavours and aromas of the wines you will be tasting.