Any wine professional or oenophile can tell you that now is an incredibly exciting moment in the world of Italian wines. A whole new generation of winemakers are turning to more innovative and experimental winemaking systems, organic production and an increasing emphasis on once forgotten indigenous grapes, with dazzling results. Discontent with merely ruling the old-world wine scene, an impressive cohort of Italian vintners are intent on also proving themselves a worthy rival of new-world wine producers.
The Vini Nuovi Wine Experience will introduce you to a quality selection of new and noteworthy Italian wines in a private wine tasting at your luxury villa in Italy
, led by expert sommelier Fabrizio Fiaschi.
Out with the old, in with the new Italian wines
This private in-villa wine tasting will be led by Fabrizio who has hand-picked five new, biodynamic and unusual Italian wines for you to try. He will spotlight vintners placing their unique spin on century-old traditions that have secured Italy’s reputation as one of the world’s leading wine-growing countries. I Vini Nuovi Wine Tasting offers a fascinating insight into innovative winemaking systems, like the ancestral and Charmat methods, as well as ancient ageing processes using clay amphora vessels. Fabrizio will deepen your understanding of each wine and introduce you to flavours of rare indigenous grape varieties, while regaling you with stories behind their production, all from the privacy of your Italian holiday rental.
Each tasting is accompanied by a fine selection of Tuscan cold cuts, cheese and bread that best compliments the flavour profiles of the new wines you will be sampling.
Find out more about private, sommelier-led wine tasting
experiences with Fabrizio Fiaschi.
Discover the wine list
- Gazza Ladra Piccaratico — An ancestral Italian white wine produced from Trebbiano grapes.
- Durello Spumante Dama del Rovere — A fresh, versatile sparkling wine produced in Veneto, made with Durello grapes using the classic method.
- Seimiglia Bordocheo — A fresh, fruity, full-bodied sip, this golden yellow white wine is made from 100% Trebbiano grapes.
- Vermentino Nero Ceccardo — A full-bodied Tuscan red wine made using the rare, native Vermentino Nero grape varietal.
- Pugnitello Sequerciani — A biodynamic Tuscan red wine aged in amphora (clay vessels dating back to the Neolithic period) and barriques.
Please note that the wine list may be subject to change based on availability, however, you will always be consulted on substitutions that will be equal in both quality and price.
The private wine tasting is an hour-long experience that can be adapted to any time the client prefers. Fabrizio Fiaschi, the sommelier will host the wine tasting at your private villa in Italy with the support of his partner, Lirio Mangalaviti.
Included in the price:
- Min. 6 persons — Max. 16 persons
- Available all year round
- Languages: English, Italian
- Enquiries welcome for groups under six — prices may vary
The price of five hand-selected new Italian wines, the supply of glasses, spittoons, plates and crockery in sustainable compostable material and the provision of Tuscan cold cuts, cheese and bread to compliment the flavours and aromas of the wines you will be tasting.